Monday, April 27, 2020

Will You Bow?

"But whoever does not fall down and worship shall immediately
be cast into the midst of a furnace of blazing fire."
Daniel 3:6

     
         Here we are going into week six of shut down after the "invasion" of the COVID-19 virus.  Businesses are shuttered,  millions are unemployed,  and as of right now no end in sight.  Anxieties have increased when stresses should be down.  There is nowhere to go.  But bills still need to be paid. As I have pondered and stressed over this since it has gone on for so long, I have realized that I have become more like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Those were not their Jewish names. Their Jewish names were Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah.  Nebuchadnezzar changed their names.  If you don't remember them they were friends of Daniel.  All taken into captivity by Nebuchadnezzar to Babylon.  They were in the group of youths "in whom was no defect, who were good looking, showing intelligence in every branch of wisdom, endowed with understanding and discerning knowledge, and who had ability for serving in the king's court..." (Daniel 1:4 NASB).  
         The story continues that Nebuchadnezzar built an image, a great statue.  This great statue was of extraordinary splendor (Dan. 2:31).   He had it set upon the plain of Dura for all to see. It was 90 feet tall and 9 feet wide.  All the people, every nation, and language were expected to bow before this statue when the music was played.  But these three brave youths were not going to bow to this image, this graven image that was contrary to their King, the one true GOD.  And they told Nebuchadnezzar as much after some of his people reported them.  But those brave men told Nebuchadnezzar "we do not need to give you an answer.  IF it be so, our GOD whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand O, King. BUT EVEN if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up."  WOW!
          This.  This is how I feel right now with all these public health "orders" that the governor and his public health director are handing down.   I am not going to bow.  I am not going to bow to the fear.  I am not going to bow to the majority.  I am not going to bow to a governor with an agenda.  I will bow to the ONE TRUE KING.   In this time, IF it be so, my GOD is able to deliver me from the furnace of COVID-19.   He is able to protect us from the pestilence.  I choose to trust Him.  This will pass.  But the repercussions have set a precedent.  I can only choose to trust the One True GOD.  HE is the ONLY one to whom I will bow.

"Look! I see four men loosed and walking about in the 
midst of the fire without harm, and the appearance of the
fourth is like a son of the gods!"
Daniel 3:25
Dan Notti - Where was Daniel when they were stoking the fiery furnace?

No comments:

Post a Comment