Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year

...Be joyful, Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony
and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you.
2 Corinthians 13:11 (NLT)

     As I sat by the fire on New Year's Eve, I contemplated what my "resolutions" were going to be this coming year.  There were the usual; lose weight, exercise more, spend less money, etc.  But then I thought a bit harder about how to get to those goals and others and my list became this...

  • Live joyfully
  • Live simply
  • Live for God and His purposes
  • Live healthy
  • Love much
    Those five important "resolutions" will guide my year and my life.  It is time to move forward in joy.  Living life simply and without the clutter of thought or of stuff will be easier than ever before. Living my life pleasing God and what He wants for my life should have been my aim but over the years had been pushed aside.  No more.  It is time for that part of my life to be at the forefront.  Living healthy as I get older is more important each day. Eating wisely and exercising outside in the glory of the creation helps to be clear of thought and to hear from God more easily.  Loving much; I am loving my husband, children, and grandchildren each day to the best of my ability.  I will continue to be there for them and to guide them to look at the King for answers when none seem to come. 
     Resolutions are hard to keep but these five statements are life changers.  I pray that as this new year progresses that I will remember to live by them and not put them aside.  I will not let the worries of the days or weeks take over.  I will not let the devil have a hold and keep me from knowing and feeling the peace of God's love surrounding me each day.
    May you find in the new year that these "resolutions" would hold something for you as well.  

"Casting the whole of your care (all your anxieties, all your worries,
all your concerns, once and for all) on Him, for He cares for you
affectionately and cares about you watchfully."
1 Peter 5:7
     
See the source image

No comments:

Post a Comment